Web project 6: Applying persuasive social scientific approaches to the work of the Meth Project
- Type the name of your assigned theory:
- Front row right: Normative Social Influence
- Front row left (by door): The Heuristic-Systematic Model (HSM)
- 2nd row right: The Planned Behavior Theory
- 2nd row left: Cognitive Dissonance
- 3rd row right: Tension principle
- 3rd row left: Affect Perseverence
- 4th row right: Social Judgement Theory
- 4th row left: The Amygdala by-pass system
- Explain the theory.
- List the elements of the theory you think must be present for the persuasion to be effective.
- Read about the Meth Project on their website. Read the Meth Project Fact Sheet.
- For hearing students: Choose an ad from my Youtube playlist that you will analyze using your assigned theory. For Deaf students: Choose a print ad at: http://www.methproject.org/ads/print/.
- Explain whether or not the ad was effective. Use the vital elements of your theory as well as evidence from the Meth Project website to support your conclusion (Review the added performance elements that will be part of this project as we are going beyond personal analysis to evidence-supported argument).
- upload to turnitin and use feedback to improve your writing.
- upload revised draft to turnitin by due date.
- Print your completed, revised assignment and put in your binder.