Web project 10: Use of logical appeals and fallacious reasoning in letters to the editor
- Visit the Bakersfield Californian Letters to the Editor page.
- Browse the letters and choose one that you have a strong reaction to (either in agreement or disagreement)
- Copy and paste the letter into your homework assignment.
- Browse the reasoning types found at http://changingminds.org/disciplines/argument/types_reasoning/types_reasoning.htm
and fallacious reasoning found at http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home or http://changingminds.org/disciplines/argument/fallacies/fallacies.htm .
Choose the concepts that best explain at least 2 types of reasoning used in the letter.
- Using words a friend who is not taking the class would understand, explain how the letter illustrates the concept/s.
- upload to turnitin and use feedback to improve your writing.
- upload revised draft to turnitin by due date.
- Print your completed, revised assignment and put in your binder.