Chapter 1 Resources
Questions to answer:
- How did Ms. Pratury get her audience's attention?
- How did she show goodwill in order to gain the goodwill of the audience?
- How did she connect her attitudes, beliefs and values with those of her audience?
- What audience traits did she appear to focus on in order to build common ground?
- What were the most important aspects Ms. Pratury seemed to consider regarding the speaking situation? Don't just list the 3 topics at the top of the pages here! Look at the checklists (pg 38-39) and think about the serious concerns she had to take into consideration for her short presentation.
- Based on the information on pages 40-43, who do you imagine Ms. Pratury may have consulted for answers to each of the issues you addressed in #5? Yes, this is your chance to speculate. Break your answers down by individual issue.
- When you watch the presentation some adaptations to external or internal noise are obvious to the viewer. Please point out, by time stamp, one adaptation to external noise and one adaptation to internal noise.